Beauty Secrets From Around The World
As an inclusive brand that honors diversity, we love learning beauty tips and secrets from our community. Check out these five tips from around the world:
- China and Japan - Rice water: In East Asian countries, people use rice water as a cleanser. Rice water shows many benefits for the skin, as it has antioxidants and is a natural source of B vitamins. The antioxidant properties of rice water clears skin and prevents signs of aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines. It also helps improve skin complexion, removes dead skin, brightens, and reduces the appearance of dark circles.
- India - Coconut oil: The people of India are known for their hair care regimen. Coconut oil is applied to the hair and scalp to promote hair growth. The vitamin E in coconut oil specifically prevents protein loss, which helps with strengthening the hair follicles. Applying coconut oil also moisturizes dry, damaged hair, making it easier to de tangle and style everyday.
- Chile - Red Grapes: In South America, red grapes are crushed and applied to the skin for a revitalizing glow. The vitamin C and antioxidants in grapes prevent anti-aging and provide a healthy glow to your skin.
- The Philippines - Aloe Vera: Filipinos use Aloe Vera in their hair for its cleansing and moisturizing properties. Aloe Vera is very soothing and helps with scalp itchiness and strengthens hair with vitamins A, C, and E. On top of that, it removes dirt from the scalp and controls oil secretion from sebaceous glands.
- Costa Rica - Orange Juice: Orange juice apparently isn’t just for drinking! Costa Ricans apply orange juice to the face as a toner to help shrink pores. The citric acid in orange juice helps control acne and removes blackheads. The vitamin C in orange juice prevents signs of aging.
Try out these beauty customs from around the world and share any secrets you have with us!